Monday, October 26, 2015

9-7-15 Project Update

Work with the light box is going well, I have ordered multiple transistors both PNP and NPN and resistors to complete the first circuit for the model. In the mean time I have focused, as suggested, more on content itself and what i would like to say with the piece and not exclusively the technical aspects.

I have thought about numerous variation but much like Steve Lambert's work, I would like whatever is stated on the sign to be provocative and more than just itself at face value. Ideally I would like the phrase to make passing individuals question fundamental aspects of society and especially those aspects that are often in practice without much question initially. These may be phrases such as "What is morality?" "What is truth?" and perhaps even a critique on the art world itself with phrases such as "What is Art?" All of these phrases I believe have great potential combined with the startling aspect of a motion-detected light.

The appearance of the message in the night to passing individuals may have a curious effect on them. The aspect of motion activation would make the message seem intrinsically personalized as it was initiated by the individual's motion itself.

For now I plan on considering all of these concepts as 'punchy one-liners' while also working on the circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment