Monday, October 26, 2015

9-21-15 Project Update

Most of the parts have come in now necessary for the creation of the circuit for the light box. The PIR sensor requires several different output pins which was not originally accepted for in my design but nevertheless I seem to have figured it out.

With the activation of the light the LED plate has 6 embedded ultra bright LEDs which comes at a cost of 4 massive C-cell batteries. Their size is cumbersome however I managed to find a container for them and have secured them with a rubber band temporarily. I also have started investigating the prospects laser cutting offers me for creating a professional and clean-looking light box.

this is a rough diagram of the laser-cut needed for the light box. I have not currently decided on a material however. I would like the sign to be reminiscent of earlier aluminum exterior signs, however I am also partial to masonite or other composite MDF materials (thickness would vary but would need approx 1/4" material).

No comments:

Post a Comment