Monday, October 26, 2015

9-28-15 Project Update




Construction, for this update, was as much of a focus as the conceptual underpinnings of the project. By suggestion, I looked up Billboard Liberation Front and a number of other artists dealing with the similar topic of public art intervention and interaction with the public via the art.



Interventions such as these, while illegal, have an important and characteristic conceptual drive with an iconic sense of humor as well. There is a message behind each piece such as obesity, alcoholism, politics, or even more transient topics such as materialism and popular culture.

Another notable piece is 1:100 by Glowlab, where 1 foot of interior space represented 100 feet in the city of New York. This posed an interesting concept for a potential piece involving the city of Reno.

dckt_ad

Every corner was represented by pieces utilizing artifacts taken from that specific location such as dirt or plastic bags.

In 'The End' Steve Lambert displayed ads featuring the words 'The End' to humorously comment on the never ending nature of ads in public squares. The pervasiveness of advertising is a serious topic to be addressed, and one that I can use conceptually in my own piece.



Combining these different projects with my previous project concerning advertising in my new direction I would like to take advantage of the massive amounts of advertising we have here locally in Reno and put my own positive spin on things. 

Using the 3d tour software, I plan to take 360 panoramic photos of iconic advertising spots in Reno and then, using a combination of 2d and 3d software, will insert my own advertisements in place of the previous advertisements.

I have already identified some iconic spots







No comments:

Post a Comment